November 17, 2014

A Case of Mom Brain

What do I do all day? You mean, besides watch soaps and eat Bonbons? 

I also suffer from Mom Brain.

Welcome to a case of Mom Brain, the time where a mom's brain goes a little mushy. (Although Mom Brain can be a symptom of the disease called "Too Much Time Spent At Home With Little to No Adult Contact," Mom Brain also keeps the job interesting.)

Here are a few random Mom Brain Thoughts for a random Monday morning. In random Mom Brain order:

1. Sunday used to be a day of rest. Now it is the day of messed up nap schedules and getting called back to the nursery to get your screaming child before God’s greeting.



2. The other day I actually typed the word “insalting.” As in, “That is downright insalting.” (Said the peanut?)


3. One day, a mom took her one year old for a walk. Her one year old stepped on a crack and tripped. The mom practically broke her back trying to catch the child before she fell. Hence, "If you step on a crack, you break your mama's back."


4. I am officially old. And out of the loop. And not cool. I had to Google “Alex from Target” and “being handed the Aux cord.” I just can't keep up.



5. I have found the secret to doing chores in half the time. And by “half the time,” I actually mean “double the time.” It’s called, “Let Baby Help.” But, "train up a child in the way she should go." So that she will love Jesus. And also so that she will move out of the house as a responsible adult someday.



6. At Target awhile back there was a mom and her daughter shuffling out to their car. The daughter was crying. “Well, I guess next time we won’t wear our princess shoes to Target, now will we?” Mom – 1, Princess Shoes – 0.


7. Look what Baby taught Daddy and Mommy! Yeah! Good job!


8. "The Little Engine That Thinks She Can Read and Write, Even Though She Really Can't, But Mommy and Daddy Don't Have the Heart to Tell Her." It's an awesome read.

 

 9. Allow me to introduce you to my daughter, Sybil, and her personalities Stinker, Weirdo, Happy, and Stone Faced. Mama always said, "Parenting is like a box of chocolates, you never know which personality you're gonna get."


10. Someone is stuck in the glory days. "Let it go. Leg it go. Can't fit in there anymore..."


11. I just watched the kid's show, "Prison Break." Teddy was mistakenly charged with being too lovable. He just couldn't take all of the squishy hugs anymore.



12. Does this diaper and these leggings make my butt look big? Or saggy? Or perfectly "w" shaped?


13. I just looked it up. I have heard a cry from this face every day (minus one week of glorious vacation) for 470 days, 15 hours, 26 minutes, and something seconds.


14. I am trying to figure out why it is socially acceptable for one-year-old children to speak Greek and stumble around in a naked, drunken stupor all day long.

 

15. I swear she has more friends than I do.

 

16. Our weekend was crazy. We did some extreme stunting and stayed up until 9:30 p.m. So yeah, I'd say parenting is one adrenaline rush after another.

 

Grace and Peace and Happy Parenting,
Kendra

PS. I really hope I am not the only one who suffers from Mom Brain. Feel free to share your Mom Brain Thoughts. :)