February 7, 2014

Force Feeding


Don't you know it’s good for you?

The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul...{it is} sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.



Don’t you know you need it?

Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.


Don’t you want to be filled?

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.


Aren't you tired of feeling hungry?

Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.


Don't you know I am trying to take care of you?

No one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church.

Don't you know that I love you?

He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.

Don't you know that I want what’s best for you?

Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?...How much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Why do you run from me?

Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.


Why do you try to hide?


Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.


Why do you deny what is good?


{He} satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.


You don't have time?

You are anxious and troubled about many things, but only one thing is necessary.

You have other things to do?

Be still, and know that I am God.

You think you are being filled in other ways?

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.


You think you are satisfied?

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

Don't you know your satisfaction in these things is temporary?

Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?



No, I won't force feed you.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Because love does not force through fear.

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear.

Instead, I will wait patiently.

Love is patient and kind.

I will wait for you and love you and long for you.

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion.


I will wait with rest, nourishment, and fulfillment.

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

And when you are ready, you can come to me.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Come, and I can give you everything you need.

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.


I will be here. Waiting.


He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.


Always.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.




Grace and Peace,

Kendra