September 29, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

"When the street dogs bite, when the big spiders crawl on the wall, when I am stressed to the max, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad..."




Being paid for tutoring with fresh fruit. 
Quotes
Me: What can we learn from Noah?
Student: That we should learn how to swim.

The View
Quotes
Student 1: Mrs. Broekhuis, you're as sweet as cookies!
Student 2: Yeah, Mrs. Broekhuis, you're as yummy as...uh...whoops!

Disney Coffee Mugs: gifts from two students who went to Disney World 

Quotes
Teacher: What are some ways you can be a better friend?
2nd Grader: I can be humble...like put Jesus first, yourself last, and others inbetween.
Teacher: Where did you learn that?
2nd Grader: I learned that in 1st grade last year!




Notes from students...and 1st Grade attempts at spelling. 
Quotes
Student: Mrs. Broekhuis, you have to eat so much because your body is SO BIG!
Same Student, Writing Workshop Story: If you eat your vegetables, you will grow like my teacher!
A stocked cupboard after Saturday morning grocery shopping. All the essentials.

Our produce bucket overflowing with fresh fruits and veggies.
Quotes
Me: What's your favorite smell?
Student: Gasoline!

Guatemalan hot chocolate that is made from a real bar of chocolate. 

Ordering this dessert for four people because we thought it would be the size of a large mug. 
A Child's Passion
Student's Writing Story: "My Friend Jesus"
I have a friend that is in heaven. His name is Jesus. He is the best best friend I have. He is number one friend. I pray to Him a lot. When I am falling He will grab my hand. He will, He will. He died for our sins. And that is true. Is He your best friend too? Well if you are the friend of Jesus that is good!!! He can be the best best best friend there is and that is true. I always read the Bible and pray too. Do you do it too?
The book, Heaven is for Real: For Kids
Quotes
After reading Heaven is for Real: For Kids, one student exclaimed, "I just wish to see Jesus! I can't wait to go to heaven!"

These are a few of my favorite things.


Grace and Peace,
Kendra